March 13th 2017

When I established the forums in 2005 it was to offer a more richer web experience and greater functionality than the platform where we started this social adventure in 2003, Yahoo Groups. The forums were once a busy hive of activity and provided locals and visitors with a wealth of information just like the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook today.

It was a time where we didn't have the many social media platforms we have today, and it was a different time in terms of mobility and technology. There was no instant access to information, no Google Maps and a very limited base map on your GPSr. Mobile connectivity for me was a 9600bps Infrared connection from a Nokia to a laptop and in later times to a PDA using WAP.

As we moved into the social media era so did our forums users. Geocaching Ireland moved there too, and we have a thriving community on the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook. As a result, forum activity isn't what it used to be and I have taken the decision to disable new registrations to the forums and to make the forums read only so any information there can still be accessed.

The discussion hasn't ended, it has just moved. Join us on the Facebook Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group .

Donnacha

Search Options

Discuss Geocaching, Announce Your New Cache Here & Discuss Ideas For Caches

Moderator: GCI Admins

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
theswerve
Slieve Donard 850m
Slieve Donard 850m
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Search Options

Post by theswerve » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:05 pm

Under the "Your profile" tab And Quick View there was an option under Search Option on the right hand side of the page
to search newest caches,,under the "Filter out finds" and above the "find benchmarks"...gone as of today or yesterday...What happened to it ??

dino

Re: Search Options

Post by dino » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:38 pm

There has been a site update that involved extensive changes to the account system. This may have been lost in the process. There should be a release announcement in the GC forums.
Some gal would giggle and I'd get red
And some guy'd laugh and I'd bust his head,
I tell ya, life ain't easy for a boy named "Sue."

theswerve
Slieve Donard 850m
Slieve Donard 850m
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by theswerve » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:46 pm

Cheers for that..luckily there are ways around it...Not too bothered..will check GC forums later

dino

Post by dino » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:01 pm

Worth subscribing to the announcement forum and you get emails about site updates.
Some gal would giggle and I'd get red
And some guy'd laugh and I'd bust his head,
I tell ya, life ain't easy for a boy named "Sue."

abbeyackbar
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by abbeyackbar » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:09 pm

Am I bothered? Yes! :shock: Where's my 'list newest in' gone lost to :(

I was wondering what "ways around it" you meant but I got there via 'Advanced Search'

grumble [-(

Good idea to sign up for the announcements. That will save me guessing what else they rob from me in the future :wink:

It would be nice if there was a box you could tick to accept or decline changes. Kinda like opting to see or not see the smileys on the geo-map or the option to set map preferences 8)