March 13th 2017

When I established the forums in 2005 it was to offer a more richer web experience and greater functionality than the platform where we started this social adventure in 2003, Yahoo Groups. The forums were once a busy hive of activity and provided locals and visitors with a wealth of information just like the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook today.

It was a time where we didn't have the many social media platforms we have today, and it was a different time in terms of mobility and technology. There was no instant access to information, no Google Maps and a very limited base map on your GPSr. Mobile connectivity for me was a 9600bps Infrared connection from a Nokia to a laptop and in later times to a PDA using WAP.

As we moved into the social media era so did our forums users. Geocaching Ireland moved there too, and we have a thriving community on the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook. As a result, forum activity isn't what it used to be and I have taken the decision to disable new registrations to the forums and to make the forums read only so any information there can still be accessed.

The discussion hasn't ended, it has just moved. Join us on the Facebook Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group .

Donnacha

Donegal newbie!

Feel free to join up and introduce yourself to the Irish Geocaching community. Don't be shy now...

Moderator: GCI Admins

Kili or bust
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Donegal newbie!

Post by Kili or bust » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:03 pm

Woohoo! Great going and welcome! :D

dino

Post by dino » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:13 pm

irlpic wrote:We found our second cache on Sunday evening at the Stone Circle outside Raphoe Co. Donegal
Good going to find that one without a GPS....many have failed to find it even when they had one #-o
Some gal would giggle and I'd get red
And some guy'd laugh and I'd bust his head,
I tell ya, life ain't easy for a boy named "Sue."

Jokam
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Jokam » Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:44 pm

I do hope I'm posting in the right place!
Everything is new to me at the mo!
Based in Stranorlar.

Hadn't heard of geocaching before until this week... a friend on facebook
posted something that made me curious. I googled it, thought I'd like it, went out
yesterday to buy a gps, set out today with the family for our first go at it!! Everyone had
great time. - Can't wait to go out again.

dino

Post by dino » Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:39 am

Welcome to the forum and nice to see one of mine was one of your first caches 8)

I'm just down the road from you between Killygordon and Castlefinn :mrgreen:
Some gal would giggle and I'd get red
And some guy'd laugh and I'd bust his head,
I tell ya, life ain't easy for a boy named "Sue."

NaDoohans

Post by NaDoohans » Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:23 am

Hello and welcome to the forum :D

miah505

Post by miah505 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:02 am

Hello and welcome.
Good hunting! :)

TeamHousty

Post by TeamHousty » Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:38 pm

yeah another Donegal cacher and one not 5 mins away =D>

I am in Ballybofey.

i tell ya - the time is nearly here :D

ooh and welcome to the game have fun