March 13th 2017

When I established the forums in 2005 it was to offer a more richer web experience and greater functionality than the platform where we started this social adventure in 2003, Yahoo Groups. The forums were once a busy hive of activity and provided locals and visitors with a wealth of information just like the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook today.

It was a time where we didn't have the many social media platforms we have today, and it was a different time in terms of mobility and technology. There was no instant access to information, no Google Maps and a very limited base map on your GPSr. Mobile connectivity for me was a 9600bps Infrared connection from a Nokia to a laptop and in later times to a PDA using WAP.

As we moved into the social media era so did our forums users. Geocaching Ireland moved there too, and we have a thriving community on the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook. As a result, forum activity isn't what it used to be and I have taken the decision to disable new registrations to the forums and to make the forums read only so any information there can still be accessed.

The discussion hasn't ended, it has just moved. Join us on the Facebook Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group .

Donnacha

This is me

Feel free to join up and introduce yourself to the Irish Geocaching community. Don't be shy now...

Moderator: GCI Admins

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Zoe andDaddy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

This is me

Post by Zoe andDaddy » Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:53 pm

Hi,

I have just started caching, which I am hoping to do with my daughter. She lives with her Mum in Dublin. I get to see her as much as money will allow.

I started with one local cache then went to the meet organised by Hairytoeman, which I really enjoyed, met some fellow cachers and picked up some hints and tips.

I will be going this Saturday to the Bally Cache Rally and hope to see you then.

wildfowler
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: This is me

Post by wildfowler » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:00 pm

Welcome to the crazy caching world Lawrence!

Hope you'll have a lot of fun!

This place is a mine of information! Just ask and someone will tell you!!!

Usually the correct answer too! :lol:
"Wait a minute, Doc. Ah... Are you telling me that you built a time machine... out of a DeLorean?"
ImageImage

dino

Post by dino » Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:03 pm

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to meeting you on Saturday
Some gal would giggle and I'd get red
And some guy'd laugh and I'd bust his head,
I tell ya, life ain't easy for a boy named "Sue."

Bootle

Post by Bootle » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:28 pm

Welcome to you both!
hello...

Donmoore

Post by Donmoore » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:54 pm

I'm sure you'll find lots of caches you could even pick up some extra ones in dublin when you picking Zoe up or leaving here home as I believe the city has many caches.

CluelessTwo
Lugnaquillia 925m
Lugnaquillia 925m

Post by CluelessTwo » Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:31 pm

Welcome Lawrence. Looking forward to meeting you on Saturday. I hope your as addicted to geocaching as the rest of us. 24 finds in 2 caching days is quite a feat.

mrmac250

Post by mrmac250 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:50 am

Welcome to ye both.
Geocaching is like a box of Pringles....
Once you pop, you just cant stop!! :D

Fjon
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by Fjon » Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:07 pm

Welcome along.
What an impressive start you have!

beefy4605
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by beefy4605 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:24 pm

Welcome Lawrence. I met you on Sunday in Hollywood near the end of Hairytoemans event and will see you again on Saturday at the Bally Cache rally.Look forward to seeing you again.
Keep Low, Move Fast & Trust No-one . . . . .

SargeNI
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by SargeNI » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:07 pm

Welcome and Hi

Hope you both enjoy your days out caching.

johnrm

Post by johnrm » Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:50 pm

Welcome guys! (Covers both genders in this particular usage!)

Frezeluberz
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by Frezeluberz » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:35 pm

Heh, Hello & Hi!
Nice meeting you at the two event caches.
You're caching like a man possessed ... perfect!!

parkmoy
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by parkmoy » Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:05 pm

Welcome. Avoid cache burn out at all costs :wink: