March 13th 2017

When I established the forums in 2005 it was to offer a more richer web experience and greater functionality than the platform where we started this social adventure in 2003, Yahoo Groups. The forums were once a busy hive of activity and provided locals and visitors with a wealth of information just like the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook today.

It was a time where we didn't have the many social media platforms we have today, and it was a different time in terms of mobility and technology. There was no instant access to information, no Google Maps and a very limited base map on your GPSr. Mobile connectivity for me was a 9600bps Infrared connection from a Nokia to a laptop and in later times to a PDA using WAP.

As we moved into the social media era so did our forums users. Geocaching Ireland moved there too, and we have a thriving community on the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook. As a result, forum activity isn't what it used to be and I have taken the decision to disable new registrations to the forums and to make the forums read only so any information there can still be accessed.

The discussion hasn't ended, it has just moved. Join us on the Facebook Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group .

Donnacha

Hello to one and all

Feel free to join up and introduce yourself to the Irish Geocaching community. Don't be shy now...

Moderator: GCI Admins

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Frezeluberz
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Hello to one and all

Post by Frezeluberz » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:16 pm

Hello everyone,

Haven't been on the forums lurking, only just decided to hunt down the community after the BHP series was released.
Was wondering how you's all coordinate these types of things, like the Church Micros and the Bally Cache Rally as other examples.
We started caching last year with Wild Rover (though he's been going a lot longer than us).
It pitter-pattered out quite significantly but after the New Year's Resolution Event I got hooked and dragged the family into it.
Been storming along enjoying all the places geocaching drags you to.
Some of the puzzle caches are very abstract ... you naught yellow dots!!
And some have been fun - Matrix Series was entertaining and a personal fav was Dammit! [now sitting as our 200th find]
Still to do some truly challenging caches like the couple of 5x5s up the Mournes, but all in good time (don't really know if the kids'll be able to cope with those ones).
Anyway, looking forward to chatting and meeting fellow cachers over time.

Kevin
Last edited by Frezeluberz on Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

parkmoy
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by parkmoy » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:33 pm

Hi and welcome to the forums. You're an old hand already :lol:

dino

Post by dino » Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:28 pm

Welcome to forums.....I think getting registered and approved was nearly as difficult as a 5x5 cache :D
Some gal would giggle and I'd get red
And some guy'd laugh and I'd bust his head,
I tell ya, life ain't easy for a boy named "Sue."

Frezeluberz
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by Frezeluberz » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:38 pm

dino wrote:Welcome to forums.....I think getting registered and approved was nearly as difficult as a 5x5 cache :D
Thanks for sorting that out for us, much appreciated :)

Kili or bust

Post by Kili or bust » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:01 pm

Hi and welcome! :D

wildfowler
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by wildfowler » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:15 pm

Hello from me too! 8)
"Wait a minute, Doc. Ah... Are you telling me that you built a time machine... out of a DeLorean?"
ImageImage

jme1979

Post by jme1979 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:18 pm

Hello :D :D

CluelessTwo
Lugnaquillia 925m
Lugnaquillia 925m

Post by CluelessTwo » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:05 pm

Hey, Were new too!
Welcome

johnrm

Post by johnrm » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:13 am

Welcome and Enjoy!

Hezekiah
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by Hezekiah » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:28 am

Hi there, you're all welcome - I've met some of you already and look forward to meeting the rest of you :) :)
Up is good!!

parkmoy
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by parkmoy » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:07 am

Hi there, you're all welcome - I've met some of you already and look forward to meeting the rest of you
And you are??? Go on....... introduce yourself :twisted:

Hezekiah
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by Hezekiah » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:23 am

parkmoy wrote:
Hi there, you're all welcome - I've met some of you already and look forward to meeting the rest of you
And you are??? Go on....... introduce yourself :twisted:
Nah - I'm shy :oops: :oops:
Up is good!!

Frezeluberz
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by Frezeluberz » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:22 pm

Thanks all for the welcomes.
Think I'm missing something though ... re: Hezekiah?!
Pray tell parkmoy!!

Kili or bust

Post by Kili or bust » Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:30 pm

Don't worry about it. It is just the last stages of Alzheimers. They go away after a while when someone remembers where they left them!! :roll: