March 13th 2017

When I established the forums in 2005 it was to offer a more richer web experience and greater functionality than the platform where we started this social adventure in 2003, Yahoo Groups. The forums were once a busy hive of activity and provided locals and visitors with a wealth of information just like the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook today.

It was a time where we didn't have the many social media platforms we have today, and it was a different time in terms of mobility and technology. There was no instant access to information, no Google Maps and a very limited base map on your GPSr. Mobile connectivity for me was a 9600bps Infrared connection from a Nokia to a laptop and in later times to a PDA using WAP.

As we moved into the social media era so did our forums users. Geocaching Ireland moved there too, and we have a thriving community on the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook. As a result, forum activity isn't what it used to be and I have taken the decision to disable new registrations to the forums and to make the forums read only so any information there can still be accessed.

The discussion hasn't ended, it has just moved. Join us on the Facebook Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group .

Donnacha

BARCELONA

Use this forum To announce a destination you might be heading To.

Moderator: GCI Admins

TeamHousty

BARCELONA

Post by TeamHousty » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:49 pm

off to barcelona on Monday, back Wed, hope to get a few around the city

thinking of taking a car and driving to Andorra (just for the craic & caches) - anyone done this drive? it appears to taek around 3hrs but i imagine that the scenery would be great around the mountains, so its either that or head to girona.

was trying to plan the caches, anyone reccommend any in particular??

Kili or bust

Re: BARCELONA

Post by Kili or bust » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:59 pm

Hope you have better luck than we did on a recent trip to Cordoba. Not a single cache to be had in the entire city! Only one ever and it is disabled. Can't believe any city these days with none but there you go. Fab place to visit too by the way!! Heat was melting us.

Have a nice trip to Barca!

Frezeluberz
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by Frezeluberz » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:31 am

Haven't driven from Barcelona to Andorra.
But, I have taken a coach trip from Lloret de Mar to Andorra.
Pity we arrived on a public holiday and everything but the supermarket was closed.
Wild Rover drove us from Biarritz to Andorra - shops were open!!
Scenery is great from either direction.

yotter

Post by yotter » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:27 am

Have been chauffeur driven on this trip (OK, Ski Bus) from Barcelona to Soldeu - took about 4 hours - you should be able to better that especially on the first part of the journey. Andorra de Villa very cheap for some stuff, different time of the year but bought fantastic Eider Ski Jacket for just over half the best price I could get here or on the internet.