March 13th 2017

When I established the forums in 2005 it was to offer a more richer web experience and greater functionality than the platform where we started this social adventure in 2003, Yahoo Groups. The forums were once a busy hive of activity and provided locals and visitors with a wealth of information just like the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook today.

It was a time where we didn't have the many social media platforms we have today, and it was a different time in terms of mobility and technology. There was no instant access to information, no Google Maps and a very limited base map on your GPSr. Mobile connectivity for me was a 9600bps Infrared connection from a Nokia to a laptop and in later times to a PDA using WAP.

As we moved into the social media era so did our forums users. Geocaching Ireland moved there too, and we have a thriving community on the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook. As a result, forum activity isn't what it used to be and I have taken the decision to disable new registrations to the forums and to make the forums read only so any information there can still be accessed.

The discussion hasn't ended, it has just moved. Join us on the Facebook Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group .

Donnacha

Caches up for adoption in Clare

Discuss Geocaching, Announce Your New Cache Here & Discuss Ideas For Caches

Moderator: GCI Admins

johnrm
Great Sugarloaf 501m
Great Sugarloaf 501m

Caches up for adoption in Clare

Post by johnrm » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:56 pm

I moved from Clare 3 years ago now so caches of mine are largely going untended.
If there is anyone on the Clare area that way inclined, you are more than welcome to adopt these.

donnacha
Site Admin
Site Admin
Title: King Of The Rain

Re: Caches up for adoption in Clare

Post by donnacha » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:23 pm

Hi John. Do you have the GC codes?

SaaX
Great Sugarloaf 501m
Great Sugarloaf 501m

Post by SaaX » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:54 am

Hi John,

we'll have a look at the weekend - there might be one or two that we would be interested in.

Cheers,
Axel

SaaX
Great Sugarloaf 501m
Great Sugarloaf 501m

Post by SaaX » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:58 pm

Hi John,

I sent an email about some adoptions to your eircom account - let me know if this is not active anymore. There's some of my favourite caches in the area on that list so definitely don't want to see them disappear :-)

Cheers,
Sandra

johnrm
Great Sugarloaf 501m
Great Sugarloaf 501m

Post by johnrm » Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:34 am

Thanks for the interest guys.
On the move.
I'll post a list of all the gc codes when I get back to base.