March 13th 2017

When I established the forums in 2005 it was to offer a more richer web experience and greater functionality than the platform where we started this social adventure in 2003, Yahoo Groups. The forums were once a busy hive of activity and provided locals and visitors with a wealth of information just like the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook today.

It was a time where we didn't have the many social media platforms we have today, and it was a different time in terms of mobility and technology. There was no instant access to information, no Google Maps and a very limited base map on your GPSr. Mobile connectivity for me was a 9600bps Infrared connection from a Nokia to a laptop and in later times to a PDA using WAP.

As we moved into the social media era so did our forums users. Geocaching Ireland moved there too, and we have a thriving community on the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook. As a result, forum activity isn't what it used to be and I have taken the decision to disable new registrations to the forums and to make the forums read only so any information there can still be accessed.

The discussion hasn't ended, it has just moved. Join us on the Facebook Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group .

Donnacha

Two caches for adoption in Dublin city centre

Discuss Geocaching, Announce Your New Cache Here & Discuss Ideas For Caches

Moderator: GCI Admins

madbrain
Great Sugarloaf 501m
Great Sugarloaf 501m

Two caches for adoption in Dublin city centre

Post by madbrain » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:12 pm

Hi everyone,
I discovered Geocaching when I moved to Dublin in 2007, and this is my first post on this forum :)
I own two caches in the city centre:
  • Grafton Street - GC30E0G
    The Garden of Forking Paths - GC2P9XR
Last year I moved out of town which very much limits my ability to properly maintain the caches, hence I'm reaching out to the community to see if anyone would like to adopt them.
The one on Grafton Street requires attention on a regular basis, while The Garden of Forking Paths gets a lot less visits and has a very slim chance of being muggled - but I would appreciate if someone could keep an eye on it every now and then.

Thanks!
madbrain

sarahmur
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Re: Two caches for adoption in Dublin city centre

Post by sarahmur » Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:15 pm

Hi madbrain,
I'd be willing to take the mystery cache for you :)
Sarah

madbrain
Great Sugarloaf 501m
Great Sugarloaf 501m

Post by madbrain » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:09 pm

Thanks Sarah, I've sent you an adoption request for The Garden of Forking Paths.

Grafton Street still up for grabs :)

madbrain
Great Sugarloaf 501m
Great Sugarloaf 501m

Post by madbrain » Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:30 pm

Hi again,
Just wanted to give this a bump in case anyone is interested in adopting Grafton Street (GC30E0G) - the cache currently has 1,799 finds and 72 favorites :)
I will give it another week or so before archiving it.

Thanks!

madbrain
Great Sugarloaf 501m
Great Sugarloaf 501m

Post by madbrain » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:12 pm

Grafton Street has been adopted by Bohstom :)