March 13th 2017

When I established the forums in 2005 it was to offer a more richer web experience and greater functionality than the platform where we started this social adventure in 2003, Yahoo Groups. The forums were once a busy hive of activity and provided locals and visitors with a wealth of information just like the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook today.

It was a time where we didn't have the many social media platforms we have today, and it was a different time in terms of mobility and technology. There was no instant access to information, no Google Maps and a very limited base map on your GPSr. Mobile connectivity for me was a 9600bps Infrared connection from a Nokia to a laptop and in later times to a PDA using WAP.

As we moved into the social media era so did our forums users. Geocaching Ireland moved there too, and we have a thriving community on the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook. As a result, forum activity isn't what it used to be and I have taken the decision to disable new registrations to the forums and to make the forums read only so any information there can still be accessed.

The discussion hasn't ended, it has just moved. Join us on the Facebook Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group .

Donnacha

Project-GC FTF list

Discuss Geocaching, Announce Your New Cache Here & Discuss Ideas For Caches

Moderator: GCI Admins

sarahmur
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Project-GC FTF list

Post by sarahmur » Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:18 pm

Does anybody use a bookmark list to generate their FTFs on project-gc?
I have been using it fine up until the start of the week but for some reason, it's not picking up my last two FTFs although they're both on the bookmark. Anybody any ideas? :shock:

theswerve
Slieve Donard 850m
Slieve Donard 850m

Re: Project-GC FTF list

Post by theswerve » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:33 pm

I know that if you put (FTF) in various types brackets it automatically picks them up when it updates...Never looked at bookmarking a list though...I noticed on your "The little house down the lane" log that you did not put FTF in any brackets,so it would not pick that up...Mine only updates once a week as i`m not a premium member of Project-GC..Who knows..Christmas is just around the corner..Hint,Hint

sarahmur
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by sarahmur » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:59 pm

Thanks Merv, I know about the brackets thing but the bookmark was working fine until Wednesday now it's not picking them up. I might have to go back over them all and out FTF in brackets and delete the bookmark list *sigh*

sgtzara
Slieve Bearnagh North 680m
Slieve Bearnagh North 680m

Post by sgtzara » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:09 pm

Work off a bookmark list myself. All seems ok, picked up the FTF I got last night and is showing ok in today's stats.

sarahmur
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by sarahmur » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:56 pm

Seems to be working again now.... it picked up those two. Let's see if it picks up today's too....

Tmsr
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by Tmsr » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:05 am

Maybe it just can't handle your FTF rate, and you broke it?

sarahmur
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by sarahmur » Sun Nov 23, 2014 10:55 am

Tmsr wrote:Maybe it just can't handle your FTF rate, and you broke it?
You're probably right Tony! :lol: :lol: :lol: