March 13th 2017

When I established the forums in 2005 it was to offer a more richer web experience and greater functionality than the platform where we started this social adventure in 2003, Yahoo Groups. The forums were once a busy hive of activity and provided locals and visitors with a wealth of information just like the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook today.

It was a time where we didn't have the many social media platforms we have today, and it was a different time in terms of mobility and technology. There was no instant access to information, no Google Maps and a very limited base map on your GPSr. Mobile connectivity for me was a 9600bps Infrared connection from a Nokia to a laptop and in later times to a PDA using WAP.

As we moved into the social media era so did our forums users. Geocaching Ireland moved there too, and we have a thriving community on the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook. As a result, forum activity isn't what it used to be and I have taken the decision to disable new registrations to the forums and to make the forums read only so any information there can still be accessed.

The discussion hasn't ended, it has just moved. Join us on the Facebook Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group .

Donnacha

Selling up!

Discuss Geocaching, Announce Your New Cache Here & Discuss Ideas For Caches

Moderator: GCI Admins

parkmoy
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Selling up!

Post by parkmoy » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:13 am

Hi folks and hello to old friends. A long time since I have been on the forum and I'm afraid geocaching has become an 'also ran' in my list of hobbies :) Anyway, I'm moving house so I'm taking the opportunity of getting rid of my geocaching bits and bobs. I've got several unused geocoins coins on Ebay at the moment, including Dino's Ireland coin, but I also have two decon containers, lots of magnetic micros, tiny plastic tubes with logsheets, FTF badges, small jotter log books, waterproof writing pad, camouflage tape, fake moss, small plastic bags and an unactivated travel bug dog tag plus other small items. In addition there is a bag of trinkets suitable for caches. If anyone is visiting Fermanagh in the next 3 weeks they can have the lot for £10 or euro equivalent.(not the geocoins obviously!) I would like it to go to a keen cacher. I could meet in Enniskillen. I could post but it might cost a bit.

I had a lot of fun caching and made many friends but photography is now my main pursuit. I did try combining the two but it didn't work out.

dino

Re: Selling up!

Post by dino » Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:18 pm

Hi David. Good to see keeping well and good luck with the new home. Are you moving far?

Anyway are you OK if I post this to the Facebook groups. Will probably get more viewers there.
Some gal would giggle and I'd get red
And some guy'd laugh and I'd bust his head,
I tell ya, life ain't easy for a boy named "Sue."

parkmoy
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by parkmoy » Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:00 pm

Great thanks Niall. Moving back to England for family reasons. Facebook will be fine.

sarahmur
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by sarahmur » Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:06 pm

I will take it off your hands - I should be going to Enniskillen area on Friday but if that falls through, my friend will meet you - is that ok?

dino

Post by dino » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:40 pm

Looks like you're sorted already.

Good luck with the move and if you happen to be in Omagh before you go it would be good to see you again. I'm working in Dreams on Dromore Road if you want to pop in and say hello/bye :)
Some gal would giggle and I'd get red
And some guy'd laugh and I'd bust his head,
I tell ya, life ain't easy for a boy named "Sue."

parkmoy
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by parkmoy » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:07 pm

quote]Good luck with the move and if you happen to be in Omagh before you go it would be good to see you again. I'm working in Dreams on Dromore Road if you want to pop in and say hello/bye :)

[/quote]

I'll try and get there before I go Niall. Place is only just going up for sale so I might be here for some time yet.

parkmoy
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by parkmoy » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:08 pm

sarahmur wrote:I will take it off your hands - I should be going to Enniskillen area on Friday but if that falls through, my friend will meet you - is that ok?

That's good, I'll PM you.

Hezekiah
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by Hezekiah » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:50 pm

Good luck with your move, Dave - hope all goes well for you!

Alan
Up is good!!

parkmoy
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by parkmoy » Tue Apr 29, 2014 5:21 pm

Hezekiah wrote:Good luck with your move, Dave - hope all goes well for you!

Alan

Thanks Alan, hope you and the family are keeping well.

Spark_ie
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by Spark_ie » Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:08 pm

Hey David, long time no see! Is the camper up for grabs too?? :-)

parkmoy
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by parkmoy » Thu May 08, 2014 7:54 am

Actually, it might well be. I'm doubtful we will be able to get somewhere in England where we can keep it as easily as here. We're spoiled for space.

Good to see some of the old faces still caching.