March 13th 2017

When I established the forums in 2005 it was to offer a more richer web experience and greater functionality than the platform where we started this social adventure in 2003, Yahoo Groups. The forums were once a busy hive of activity and provided locals and visitors with a wealth of information just like the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook today.

It was a time where we didn't have the many social media platforms we have today, and it was a different time in terms of mobility and technology. There was no instant access to information, no Google Maps and a very limited base map on your GPSr. Mobile connectivity for me was a 9600bps Infrared connection from a Nokia to a laptop and in later times to a PDA using WAP.

As we moved into the social media era so did our forums users. Geocaching Ireland moved there too, and we have a thriving community on the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook. As a result, forum activity isn't what it used to be and I have taken the decision to disable new registrations to the forums and to make the forums read only so any information there can still be accessed.

The discussion hasn't ended, it has just moved. Join us on the Facebook Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group .

Donnacha

Challenge Caches

Discuss Geocaching, Announce Your New Cache Here & Discuss Ideas For Caches

Moderator: GCI Admins

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Doug.G
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Challenge Caches

Post by Doug.G » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:07 am

Does anyone know of any Challenge Caches involving Daily Find Streaks? I've seen a few in the UK, but haven't come across any in Ireland.

theswerve
Slieve Donard 850m
Slieve Donard 850m
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Challenge Caches

Post by theswerve » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:43 am

GC4MTGF...100 day streak...On the Ards Peninsula

silver soldier
Great Sugarloaf 501m
Great Sugarloaf 501m

Re: Challenge Caches

Post by silver soldier » Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:32 pm

im goin to write this in this column because not sure where it belongs :
im wondering if theres any cachers out there who fancy a caching expedition to swords
i want to find and bring back -----
BLACK HAWK DOWN MISSING OVER A YEAR I WANT TO GO INTO THE JUNGLE AND BRING THAT SUCKER
BACK TO LIFE ( great name for cache and great film and deserves some life)
GLORIOUS GARLIC MISSING OVER A YEAR (judging by logs this is probably the best time of year 4 this)
2 bring back caches on the doorstep
STAR TREK RESISTENCE IS FUTILE + (BRAIN +PINKY ) WILL ALSO BE RETRIEVED ON MISSION , HAVE CO=ORDS
FOR PINKY + BRAIN IN SWORDS SO SOMETHING WILL BE FOUND .

THINK LIKE ETHAN HUNT CAUSE THIS MISSION COULD BE IMPOSSIBLE AND I WILL GO IT ALONE BUT BACK UP
WOULD BE COOL
PLEASE E-MAIL ME IF YOUR INTERESTED IN THIS MISSION .