However, it looks like a number of our city center caches will have to go or be removed during the construction phase, as Heritage Works will move them.
Heres the brochure and an extract.
http://dublinbus.ie/PageFiles/10187/Lua ... nglish.pdf
Its only minor, but these are some of our most famous caches in Dublin. Just flagging to the cache owners that changes will have to be made. Hopefully we'll be able to keep them all going at slightly different locations!Heritage wor ks
To ensure their protection, various monuments and statues of historic and
architectural importance along the route will be temporarily removed during the
These items will be carefully recorded during dismantling and then put into secure storage during the
building activities. Once the construction works are completed, these items will be returned to the
streets and re-erected at locations to be agreed in the future. The key monuments and statues being
1. Lady Grattan Fountain and two associated stone horse troughs from St. StephenÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Green North;
2. The Steine Sculpture at DÃ¢â‚¬â„¢Olier Street/College Street island; <- Ein Stein cache will have to be moved
3. The Thomas Moore Statue and Ulysses Plaque at College Street; <- Ulysses cache will have to be modified
4. The Molly Malone Statue on Grafton Street Lower; <- Learning Money And Seafood will probably have its final location blocked off
5. Fr. Theobald Mathew Statue on OÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ Connell Street.
Other items such as lamp posts, railings, bollards and antique paving will be removed temporarily.
Others might be effected too. I can't see Art Deco Dublin - Gasworks surviving as it stands, but I'm sure we'll find something to replace it with!