March 13th 2017

When I established the forums in 2005 it was to offer a more richer web experience and greater functionality than the platform where we started this social adventure in 2003, Yahoo Groups. The forums were once a busy hive of activity and provided locals and visitors with a wealth of information just like the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook today.

It was a time where we didn't have the many social media platforms we have today, and it was a different time in terms of mobility and technology. There was no instant access to information, no Google Maps and a very limited base map on your GPSr. Mobile connectivity for me was a 9600bps Infrared connection from a Nokia to a laptop and in later times to a PDA using WAP.

As we moved into the social media era so did our forums users. Geocaching Ireland moved there too, and we have a thriving community on the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook. As a result, forum activity isn't what it used to be and I have taken the decision to disable new registrations to the forums and to make the forums read only so any information there can still be accessed.

The discussion hasn't ended, it has just moved. Join us on the Facebook Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group .

Donnacha

Owned cache stats messed up.

Discuss Geocaching, Announce Your New Cache Here & Discuss Ideas For Caches

Moderator: GCI Admins

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
CluelessTwo
Lugnaquillia 925m
Lugnaquillia 925m

Owned cache stats messed up.

Post by CluelessTwo » Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:52 pm

I run the FindStatsGen macro on gsak to post all my stats on my profile.

Ive noticed that my owned cache statistics have dropped considerably, even to the point where one of them is coming up as unfound.

Ive ran a new PQ on my owned caches, and still its not right. Has anyone experienced this problem before and knows what has happened?

The output of the macro is accurate to the data on gsak, but a lot of the found logs have been lost in the PQ somewhere.

Spark_ie
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Owned cache stats messed up.

Post by Spark_ie » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:04 pm

Theres a macro called 'Addlogs' .. This will update all these missing logs for you :)

klossner
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by klossner » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:25 pm

With this week's massive changes to the geocaching.com web site, the FindStatsGen macro no longer works. You can join the angst here.

CluelessTwo
Lugnaquillia 925m
Lugnaquillia 925m

Post by CluelessTwo » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:14 pm

ah ok, not the only one then...Ill try the add on macro and see what happens.

Guess the writer of the macro has some work to do to sort it.

OTP

Post by OTP » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:52 pm

Findstatgen was updated yesterday and seems to be working better.

CluelessTwo
Lugnaquillia 925m
Lugnaquillia 925m

Post by CluelessTwo » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:39 pm

Thanks for that, will need to run an update. I found the AdLog macro, which fixed the missing logs, but now my found stats seem to list them in the wrong order.

Ill see what the update does.