March 13th 2017

When I established the forums in 2005 it was to offer a more richer web experience and greater functionality than the platform where we started this social adventure in 2003, Yahoo Groups. The forums were once a busy hive of activity and provided locals and visitors with a wealth of information just like the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook today.

It was a time where we didn't have the many social media platforms we have today, and it was a different time in terms of mobility and technology. There was no instant access to information, no Google Maps and a very limited base map on your GPSr. Mobile connectivity for me was a 9600bps Infrared connection from a Nokia to a laptop and in later times to a PDA using WAP.

As we moved into the social media era so did our forums users. Geocaching Ireland moved there too, and we have a thriving community on the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook. As a result, forum activity isn't what it used to be and I have taken the decision to disable new registrations to the forums and to make the forums read only so any information there can still be accessed.

The discussion hasn't ended, it has just moved. Join us on the Facebook Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group .

Donnacha

Milestone Congratulation Thread

Discuss Geocaching, Announce Your New Cache Here & Discuss Ideas For Caches

Moderator: GCI Admins

Blue Jay
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Milestone Congratulation Thread

Post by Blue Jay » Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:23 pm

Well done to all
:ban :band :ban

"Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative" - Oscar Wilde

Frezeluberz
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Frezeluberz » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:13 pm

Thanks guys :D :D :D

Good Job yotter!!!!!!

Frezeluberz
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by Frezeluberz » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:32 pm

Good Job theswerve ... chalked up his 1,000th today :D
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Zoe andDaddy

Post by Zoe andDaddy » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:43 pm

Well done theswerve

=D> =D>

Donmoore

Post by Donmoore » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:49 pm

Nice one Swerve! :ban

just dont be getting ahead of Kevin he he only likes competition when he's winning

Blue Jay
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by Blue Jay » Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:59 pm

Good man swerve, congrats =D> =D> =D>

"Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative" - Oscar Wilde

dino

Post by dino » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:26 pm

Good man Merv 8)

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Some gal would giggle and I'd get red
And some guy'd laugh and I'd bust his head,
I tell ya, life ain't easy for a boy named "Sue."

Hezekiah
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by Hezekiah » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:20 pm

Well done!!
=D> =D> =D> =D>
Up is good!!

Donmoore

Post by Donmoore » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:09 am

Well done to Gill on reaching 800 finds... It wont be long now until she surpasses her dnf's.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Zoe andDaddy

Post by Zoe andDaddy » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:49 am

Well done Gill.
=D> =D>

Donmoore

Post by Donmoore » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:36 am

Also have it on kinda reliable source that Lawrence hit number 400. the mini freezers... Cheekychetah and weebookworm hit 700.

well done

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Frezeluberz
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by Frezeluberz » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:45 am

gj Gill & Lawrence =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Bad news about WeeBookWorm & CheekyCheetah ... I didn't realise that so many caches we did were Premium Member only caches so they're milestone won't be reached until next weekend I suspect :(
(I don't know for sure as I haven't written up their logs yet).

EDIT: Yep - confirmed, kids were scuppered at 699 ... ah well - won't take much to get to 700 ;)

dino

Post by dino » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:18 pm

Email the COs of the MO caches and ask them if they will turn off the MO for a few hours so that you can log the caches and then turn it back on again.
Some gal would giggle and I'd get red
And some guy'd laugh and I'd bust his head,
I tell ya, life ain't easy for a boy named "Sue."

Frezeluberz
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by Frezeluberz » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:24 pm

dino wrote:Email the COs of the MO caches and ask them if they will turn off the MO for a few hours so that you can log the caches and then turn it back on again.
Ok, thanks for the tip.
I'll see if he's up for it then.

Frezeluberz
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by Frezeluberz » Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:01 am

Congrats to Donny on getting his 800th at the weelend!! =D> =D> =D>

Zoe andDaddy

Post by Zoe andDaddy » Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:57 pm

Well done M8

spy caleb
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by spy caleb » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:28 pm

Frezeluberz wrote:Good Job theswerve ... chalked up his 1,000th today :D
=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Congratulation and well done.

spy caleb
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by spy caleb » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:31 pm

Donmoore wrote:Well done to Gill on reaching 800 finds... It wont be long now until she surpasses her dnf's.

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Wow Gill you sure are reaching for dizzy heights. Congratulation and well done.
You could give them a further boost in Sligo on May 1st and 2nd :ban

gilliancclarke

Post by gilliancclarke » Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:24 pm

Thanks all and well done to those recent achievers! Chuffed to bits that the swerve's 1000th was one of the CAGE series caches :)

golaman
Lugnaquillia 925m
Lugnaquillia 925m

Post by golaman » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:51 pm

Well done the swerve. Only noticed the milestone when logging a find.