March 13th 2017

When I established the forums in 2005 it was to offer a more richer web experience and greater functionality than the platform where we started this social adventure in 2003, Yahoo Groups. The forums were once a busy hive of activity and provided locals and visitors with a wealth of information just like the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook today.

It was a time where we didn't have the many social media platforms we have today, and it was a different time in terms of mobility and technology. There was no instant access to information, no Google Maps and a very limited base map on your GPSr. Mobile connectivity for me was a 9600bps Infrared connection from a Nokia to a laptop and in later times to a PDA using WAP.

As we moved into the social media era so did our forums users. Geocaching Ireland moved there too, and we have a thriving community on the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook. As a result, forum activity isn't what it used to be and I have taken the decision to disable new registrations to the forums and to make the forums read only so any information there can still be accessed.

The discussion hasn't ended, it has just moved. Join us on the Facebook Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group .

Donnacha

Milestone Congratulation Thread

Discuss Geocaching, Announce Your New Cache Here & Discuss Ideas For Caches

Moderator: GCI Admins

dino

Post by dino » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:20 am

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Well done :mrgreen:
Some gal would giggle and I'd get red
And some guy'd laugh and I'd bust his head,
I tell ya, life ain't easy for a boy named "Sue."

Bootle
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Bootle » Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:20 pm

nice one folks!
hello...

Hezekiah
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Hezekiah » Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:29 am

Well done! =D> =D> =D> =D>
Up is good!!

medic143

Post by medic143 » Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:22 am

Good Job

parkmoy
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by parkmoy » Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:14 pm

Good on yer!

medic143

Post by medic143 » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:32 pm

Keep it up

batsgonemad

Post by batsgonemad » Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:32 pm

hey chaps thanks for that, since been mobile i drive with my 60cs and nuvi660fm on the dash and as i drive i plan my weeks caching usually before i reach work or during lunch time. So let me think now how soon can i pass Steve.........!

The Windsockers

400 for Sarge

Post by The Windsockers » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:25 pm

Well done to Sargeni on his 400 on King of the mourne

dino

Post by dino » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:49 pm

Well done Sarge....that's becoming quite the milestone cache!
Some gal would giggle and I'd get red
And some guy'd laugh and I'd bust his head,
I tell ya, life ain't easy for a boy named "Sue."

Hezekiah
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by Hezekiah » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:58 pm

Well done! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Up is good!!

Kili or bust

Post by Kili or bust » Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:01 pm

Good going and happy caching new year!

The Windsockers

Post by The Windsockers » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:02 pm

Well done to Medic143 on his recent 800
Last edited by The Windsockers on Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

parkmoy
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by parkmoy » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:06 pm

And to his older brother Medic143 :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Windsockers

Post by The Windsockers » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:08 pm

parkmoy wrote:And to his older brother Medic143 :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
smart ass go chase that ambulance :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Kili or bust

Post by Kili or bust » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:38 pm

Somebody has to keep you on your toes Steve, you do it for everybody else!!!! :wink:

The Windsockers

Post by The Windsockers » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:39 pm

Kili or bust wrote:Somebody has to keep you on your toes Steve, you do it for everybody else!!!! :wink:
Spell check won't let me say anything :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

The Windsockers

Bootle's 400

Post by The Windsockers » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:07 am

Well done to Bootle on his recent 400 find =D> =D> =D> =D>

medic143

Post by medic143 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:56 am

Well Done \:D/ =D>

Kili or bust

Post by Kili or bust » Tue Jan 15, 2008 8:32 am

So thats why you held the event :wink: :wink: Well done Eoin!

Hezekiah
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by Hezekiah » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:51 am

Well done, Eoin! =D> =D> =D> =D>
Up is good!!