March 13th 2017

When I established the forums in 2005 it was to offer a more richer web experience and greater functionality than the platform where we started this social adventure in 2003, Yahoo Groups. The forums were once a busy hive of activity and provided locals and visitors with a wealth of information just like the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook today.

It was a time where we didn't have the many social media platforms we have today, and it was a different time in terms of mobility and technology. There was no instant access to information, no Google Maps and a very limited base map on your GPSr. Mobile connectivity for me was a 9600bps Infrared connection from a Nokia to a laptop and in later times to a PDA using WAP.

As we moved into the social media era so did our forums users. Geocaching Ireland moved there too, and we have a thriving community on the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook. As a result, forum activity isn't what it used to be and I have taken the decision to disable new registrations to the forums and to make the forums read only so any information there can still be accessed.

The discussion hasn't ended, it has just moved. Join us on the Facebook Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group .

Donnacha

The Forum

Suggestions For The Site & Forums

Moderator: GCI Admins

TXLiz
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Re: The Forum

Post by TXLiz » Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:59 pm

Blue Jay wrote:
Hezekiah wrote:
LordSoth wrote:LoL! Talk about 'off-topic'!!!

Back to the subject - was it some sort of virtual geocaching flashmob? And is there an actual flashmob planned for 2011 yet?

John 8)
Nice try, slipping in a seemingly innocent question like that! my lips are sealed! :-# :twisted:
We've flogged that topic to death and we're still not telling :wink: :wink:
TXLiz wrote:When you popping over this side of the pond Liz?
Was thinking May -June ..but my sister is getting married early June, so now looks like July'ish - Aug :) Hope to get over ASAP cause it's gonna get hotter than heck around here befor long..last week we had snow and today I had to run my AC :x
Well give us plenty of notice & we'll have a Meet & greet" for ya - but we still won't tell .... unless........[/quote]

ahhh ..I see how it works, ya want me gold and silver.
Will do..sounds like a plan! :wink:
~Strangely Strange But Oddly Normal~

Kili or bust

Post by Kili or bust » Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:59 pm

Blue Jay wrote:
Kili or bust wrote:All together now, one two three..

"where the little bird sits on the tree,
in caches all covered in ivy
my blue jay is waiting for me"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
thought you were down undah?
About as far away as I could possibly be, at the other end of New Zealand, but these oul 'puter tings is great!!

Blue Jay
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by Blue Jay » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:16 pm

Kili or bust wrote: About as far away as I could possibly be, at the other end of New Zealand, but these oul 'puter tings is great!!
Sure they're a might job ... you must be missing us ... :)

"Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative" - Oscar Wilde

Kili or bust

Post by Kili or bust » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:12 am

Sitting on a beautiful veranda in glorious sunshine looking out to Akaroa Bay. Temp about 28c. Whole south island covered now and it's wow!! So not missing yiz a bit!!!

Blue Jay
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by Blue Jay » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:08 am

Kili or bust wrote:Sitting on a beautiful veranda in glorious sunshine looking out to Akaroa Bay. Temp about 28c. Whole south island covered now and it's wow!! So not missing yiz a bit!!!
Go way outa that - you're missin us :D

donnacha
Site Admin
Site Admin
Title: King Of The Rain

Post by donnacha » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:44 am

The 65 means there were 65 registered users on line at the time. This excludes anyone browsing the board without an account (Guests) or not signed in.

Blue Jay
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by Blue Jay » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:29 am

donnacha wrote:The 65 means there were 65 registered users on line at the time. This excludes anyone browsing the board without an account (Guests) or not signed in.
I think they want to know we were all on at the same time that day, Donnacha, and you KNOW we can't tell :wink:

barraseaclaid

Post by barraseaclaid » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:08 pm

so what does one do to find out....is it a case that when one has all of windsockers puzzle caches found that the answer is finally revealled.......

medic143

Post by medic143 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:19 am

barraseaclaid wrote:so what does one do to find out....is it a case that when one has all of windsockers puzzle caches found that the answer is finally revealled.......
I hate to break this to you but you're more likely to get a straight answer to your question and solve all of windsockers puzzle caches :twisted:

barraseaclaid

Post by barraseaclaid » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:31 am

are you questioning my superior intellect eric...then again I have heard of large sums of ransom monies being forgone in lieu of the answers to lifes eternal mysteries other wise known as puzzle land north dublin.....

medic143

Post by medic143 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:12 pm

barraseaclaid wrote:are you questioning my superior intellect eric...
Email me the answer to MI5 and I'll happily acknowledge your superior intellect. :D :D

barraseaclaid

Post by barraseaclaid » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:38 pm

Ok ill go with the large sums of money option so...

Blue Jay
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by Blue Jay » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:59 pm

23rd coming up again soon .... same plan as last year so lads? :twisted:

barraseaclaid

The Forum

Post by barraseaclaid » Sun Jul 17, 2011 6:01 pm

What would that be again so?