March 13th 2017

When I established the forums in 2005 it was to offer a more richer web experience and greater functionality than the platform where we started this social adventure in 2003, Yahoo Groups. The forums were once a busy hive of activity and provided locals and visitors with a wealth of information just like the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook today.

It was a time where we didn't have the many social media platforms we have today, and it was a different time in terms of mobility and technology. There was no instant access to information, no Google Maps and a very limited base map on your GPSr. Mobile connectivity for me was a 9600bps Infrared connection from a Nokia to a laptop and in later times to a PDA using WAP.

As we moved into the social media era so did our forums users. Geocaching Ireland moved there too, and we have a thriving community on the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook. As a result, forum activity isn't what it used to be and I have taken the decision to disable new registrations to the forums and to make the forums read only so any information there can still be accessed.

The discussion hasn't ended, it has just moved. Join us on the Facebook Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group .

Donnacha

Multi-cache stage waypoints?

Geocache Placement and Review Discussions

Moderator: GCI Admins

FatFergie

Multi-cache stage waypoints?

Post by FatFergie » Wed May 26, 2010 8:47 pm

Is there any way to make stage waypoints downloadable from the cache page? I'm working on my first cache, a simple multi and have realised that I know how irritating it is to have to manually copy coordinates for several stages. I assumed by "adding additional waypoints" that they would be downloadable somehow but it doesn't seem to be the case.
Is there not some way that a pocket query or the simple "send to GPS" button could take care of this?

Hoping that this isn't a dopey question. Maybe my first shouldn't have been a multi. :)

dino

Re: Multi-cache stage waypoints?

Post by dino » Wed May 26, 2010 9:13 pm

If you make them fully visible then Additional Waypoints do just that for you

8)
Some gal would giggle and I'd get red
And some guy'd laugh and I'd bust his head,
I tell ya, life ain't easy for a boy named "Sue."

dino

Post by dino » Wed May 26, 2010 9:30 pm

This Knowledge Books article might help (especially #9):

http://support.groundspeak.com/index.ph ... page&id=72
Some gal would giggle and I'd get red
And some guy'd laugh and I'd bust his head,
I tell ya, life ain't easy for a boy named "Sue."

FatFergie

Post by FatFergie » Thu May 27, 2010 5:23 am

Ahhhh, I've realised if I save a GPX file the points are there. It's a premium only button though and If I click on the Loc or send to gps button I only get one (the main waypoint).

FatFergie

Post by FatFergie » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:15 am

Ahhhhh....

After a little playing around I've figured out that I've had a few software problems. Both with the gps receiver/s and Gartrip that I was using for gpx files. It seems to work now.......until I mess it up for the next time :roll: .

Thanks anyway.