This is the Guideline (Link):
There is a certain amount of flexibility with this but as the highlighted section states feel free to ask me in advance if you are unsure.Commercial Caches
Commercial caches attempt to use the Geocaching.com web site cache reporting tool directly or indirectly (intentionally or non-intentionally) to solicit customers through a Geocaching.com listing. These are NOT permitted. Examples include for-profit locations that require an entrance fee, or locations that sell products or services. If the finder is required to go inside the business, interact with employees, and/or purchase a product or service, then the cache is presumed to be commercial.
Some exceptions can be made. In these situations, permission can be given by Groundspeak. However, permission should be asked first before posting. If you are in doubt, ask first. If you do not have advance permission, your reviewer will refer you to Groundspeak.
The main effect this will have is on Event caches. The following is no longer allowed on a cache page:
- Repeated mentions of a venue
- A description of the venue that reads like an advertisement
- A description of the services offered by a venue
- A menu posted on an Event page
- A link to the website of the venue
- Recommended accommodation
- Links to any local businesses (including accommodation, pubs, hotels, shops, etc.)
- A forum thread detailing all the information that visitors may require
- A personal website away from GC.com detailing the information as above.
Please note that any events that fulfil these restrictions at publication and then change to include any of the prohibited information run the risk of having the event page archived by GC.com. I won't be taking such a draconian approach and will instead contact the cache owner to remove any issues but if any other reviewers see violations they have the power to archive the event page.
If you disagree with this stance or you have any queries/comments you want to make direct you can of course contact GC.com using the general email address email@example.com