March 13th 2017

When I established the forums in 2005 it was to offer a more richer web experience and greater functionality than the platform where we started this social adventure in 2003, Yahoo Groups. The forums were once a busy hive of activity and provided locals and visitors with a wealth of information just like the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook today.

It was a time where we didn't have the many social media platforms we have today, and it was a different time in terms of mobility and technology. There was no instant access to information, no Google Maps and a very limited base map on your GPSr. Mobile connectivity for me was a 9600bps Infrared connection from a Nokia to a laptop and in later times to a PDA using WAP.

As we moved into the social media era so did our forums users. Geocaching Ireland moved there too, and we have a thriving community on the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook. As a result, forum activity isn't what it used to be and I have taken the decision to disable new registrations to the forums and to make the forums read only so any information there can still be accessed.

The discussion hasn't ended, it has just moved. Join us on the Facebook Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group .

Donnacha

Lidl Thursday 7th April

Recommended On and Offline Retailers To Buy Your Gear. Announce Any Good Deals You May Know Of Here.

Moderator: GCI Admins

dino

Lidl Thursday 7th April

Post by dino » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:21 am

Some gal would giggle and I'd get red
And some guy'd laugh and I'd bust his head,
I tell ya, life ain't easy for a boy named "Sue."

barraseaclaid

Re: Lidl Thursday 7th April

Post by barraseaclaid » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:34 am

seen that in the hotel in killarney this morning...so excited i left without my less than week old hiking boots!

Blue Jay
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by Blue Jay » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:42 am

barraseaclaid wrote:...so excited i left without my less than week old hiking boots!
Barraseaclaid i worry about you sometimes :lol:

"Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative" - Oscar Wilde

jme1979

Post by jme1979 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:38 pm

Blue Jay wrote:
barraseaclaid wrote:...so excited i left without my less than week old hiking boots!
Only sometimes????? You did see the photos of him in the carpark yesterday morning???
:twisted: :twisted:

Blue Jay
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by Blue Jay » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:46 pm

jme1979 wrote:
Blue Jay wrote:
Only sometimes????? You did see the photos of him in the carpark yesterday morning???
:twisted: :twisted:

I did actually :lol: :lol:

barraseaclaid

Post by barraseaclaid » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:01 pm

feel absolutely free to post them up!

List of stuff to bring....

ammo box full of "explosives"
50ml gatling gun bullet belt
imitation taliban beard and hat
sharp knife
tie wraps
ball gag
latex gloves
bleach

and that was just to get up carrontuathail actually on that It has given me a great idea for an event at halloween...fancy dress nighttime puzzle cache scavenger hunt cache event complete with trick or treating...any one in?

magra11

Post by magra11 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:36 pm

[quote="barraseaclaid"] ...fancy dress nighttime puzzle cache scavenger hunt cache event complete with trick or treating...any one in?[/quote]

I'd go :mrgreen:

jme1979

Post by jme1979 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:50 pm

barraseaclaid wrote:feel absolutely free to post them
They're already on fb, along with some sailing and drowning ones - just didn't tag you this time ................. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

jme1979

Post by jme1979 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:52 pm

magra11 wrote:
barraseaclaid wrote: ...fancy dress nighttime puzzle cache scavenger hunt cache event complete with trick or treating...any one in?
I'd go :mrgreen:
He's really not kidding about having brought that stuff on the Reeks walk :o :o

:ban :ban

barraseaclaid

Post by barraseaclaid » Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:56 pm

im actually looking for an investment in a new project too...hot chicken roll sandwich smoothies...

jme1979

Post by jme1979 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:00 pm

barraseaclaid wrote:im actually looking for an investment in a new project too...hot chicken roll sandwich smoothies...
I know a chef in Blarney who may be able to help you with that..........

magra11

Post by magra11 » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:28 pm

[quote="barraseaclaid"]im actually looking for an investment in a new project too...hot chicken roll sandwich smoothies...[/quote]

After tastin olive oil ice cream the other week (it tasted strangely amazing) I'd try anything.

barraseaclaid

Post by barraseaclaid » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:16 pm

jme1979 wrote: I know a chef in Blarney who may be able to help you with that..........
I was on to him already but seeing as our new premises is on the second floor he has declined he has some issue with going dupstairs!
Although i know a nice fella that he has offered timata, scraembled iggs and hesh browin although being a homeless fella pulled in off the street he isnt too reliable as a chef...

Blue Jay
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by Blue Jay » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:40 pm

Barry Bin laden
Attachments
Barry Bin Laden.jpg

jme1979

Post by jme1979 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:39 am

barraseaclaid wrote:
jme1979 wrote: I know a chef in Blarney who may be able to help you with that..........
I was on to him already but seeing as our new premises is on the second floor he has declined he has some issue with going dupstairs!
Although i know a nice fella that he has offered timata, scraembled iggs and hesh browin although being a homeless fella pulled in off the street he isnt too reliable as a chef...
God, when you say it like that it really was like an episode of Fawlty Towers!!!!
:lol: :lol:

jme1979

Post by jme1979 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:42 am

Blue Jay wrote:Barry Bin laden
Can you imagine standing there as all of this was comIng out of the boot of his car!!! You know, I nearly posted that I didn't remember you being there when he did this, where did you get the photo..........

Blonde moment or what!!!!!!!

Blue Jay
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by Blue Jay » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:46 am

jme1979 wrote:
Blue Jay wrote:Barry Bin laden
Can you imagine standing there as all of this was comIng out of the boot of his car!!! You know, I nearly posted that I didn't remember you being there when he did this, where did you get the photo..........

Blonde moment or what!!!!!!!
Ha ha - jme - I wasn't there - I robbed the pic off your FB :D

Plus it was a bit Fawlty Towers, but good fun

barraseaclaid

Post by barraseaclaid » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:21 am

just dropped in there on the way home from work..most of the stuff is tat...bag is decent enough but not hydration pak compatible and a bit too big at 34L for a stroll up a hill...jme1979...what size is that berghaus bag of yours

Vicks2112

Post by Vicks2112 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:51 pm

I got the last rucksack, the customers where like vultures around a carcass! I'm delighted to have got the very last one even though I would have preferred the green one to the red one I ended up with. It's really too big for a day pack but will be great for backpacking. I picked up the tent too although I have to say I'm not too hopeful about how useful it really is.

jme1979

Post by jme1979 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:35 pm

barraseaclaid wrote:just dropped in there on the way home from work..most of the stuff is tat...bag is decent enough but not hydration pak compatible and a bit too big at 34L for a stroll up a hill...jme1979...what size is that berghaus bag of yours
Missed this earlier - its a 30+6 womens fit Freeflow. They had them on offer in the Berghaus outlet down the road for quite a while (mens and womens fit) - I can check it out for you and see what they have over the weekend?