March 13th 2017

When I established the forums in 2005 it was to offer a more richer web experience and greater functionality than the platform where we started this social adventure in 2003, Yahoo Groups. The forums were once a busy hive of activity and provided locals and visitors with a wealth of information just like the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook today.

It was a time where we didn't have the many social media platforms we have today, and it was a different time in terms of mobility and technology. There was no instant access to information, no Google Maps and a very limited base map on your GPSr. Mobile connectivity for me was a 9600bps Infrared connection from a Nokia to a laptop and in later times to a PDA using WAP.

As we moved into the social media era so did our forums users. Geocaching Ireland moved there too, and we have a thriving community on the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook. As a result, forum activity isn't what it used to be and I have taken the decision to disable new registrations to the forums and to make the forums read only so any information there can still be accessed.

The discussion hasn't ended, it has just moved. Join us on the Facebook Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group .

Donnacha

Half price Garmin nuvi 205w

Recommended On and Offline Retailers To Buy Your Gear. Announce Any Good Deals You May Know Of Here.

Moderator: GCI Admins

dh/nh Heppy

Half price Garmin nuvi 205w

Post by dh/nh Heppy » Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:02 am

Argos.ie are doing the

Garmin Nuvi 205W with UK and ROI GPS Sat Nav For E59.99 down from E119.99

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/part ... GARMIN.htm

Dont know if its up to much but it did get good reviews. Might be worth a look to someone. :)

dino

Re: Half price Garmin nuvi 205w

Post by dino » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:54 am

Out of stock in at least 8 stores. Typical Argos behaviour :(
Some gal would giggle and I'd get red
And some guy'd laugh and I'd bust his head,
I tell ya, life ain't easy for a boy named "Sue."

medic143

Post by medic143 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:16 am

Out of stock around me as well. In stock on co.uk but 156stg ?!?!

Weird when the newer models are in the UK stores for 100stg

barraseaclaid

Post by barraseaclaid » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:12 pm

hmm i checked all the stores and they are out of stock in every one...ehhh getting slightly off topic...anyone having probs with garmin in car sat nav recently myne has given up the game and takes over 20min to find satelites and gives poor signal alerts again and again..have reloaded the firmware etc but no affect...any ideas?

dino

Post by dino » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:18 pm

First Nuvi I got stopped picking up satellites after about 3months. Sent it back as faulty and got a slight upgrade. Haven't had a problem since and that was about 4 or 5 years ago. Is yours still under warranty?

dh/nh Heppy

Post by dh/nh Heppy » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:01 pm

Price held till july so maybe they will be back in stock by then. I agree that argos are devils for being out of stock when it comes to anything that is worth buying when its on sale. :cry:

barraseaclaid

Post by barraseaclaid » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:21 pm

@dino...eh prob not its a few years old...

miah505

Post by miah505 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:13 pm

Our garmin 215 was not being very helpful yesterday. Signal seemed to be jumping around a lot giving various distances to GZ. We are thinking of getting a handheld etrex or similar. Would be gratful for any ideas on what would be best without breaking the bank. Thanks in advance.

barraseaclaid

Post by barraseaclaid » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:23 pm

johnrm had a garmin etrex for sale a couple of weeks ago...i ment to get back to him on it! #-o #-o

johnrm

Post by johnrm » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:33 pm

Nope, not me. I never owned an etrex.

dino

Post by dino » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:48 pm