March 13th 2017

When I established the forums in 2005 it was to offer a more richer web experience and greater functionality than the platform where we started this social adventure in 2003, Yahoo Groups. The forums were once a busy hive of activity and provided locals and visitors with a wealth of information just like the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook today.

It was a time where we didn't have the many social media platforms we have today, and it was a different time in terms of mobility and technology. There was no instant access to information, no Google Maps and a very limited base map on your GPSr. Mobile connectivity for me was a 9600bps Infrared connection from a Nokia to a laptop and in later times to a PDA using WAP.

As we moved into the social media era so did our forums users. Geocaching Ireland moved there too, and we have a thriving community on the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook. As a result, forum activity isn't what it used to be and I have taken the decision to disable new registrations to the forums and to make the forums read only so any information there can still be accessed.

The discussion hasn't ended, it has just moved. Join us on the Facebook Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group .

Donnacha

Irish geocaching shop ?

Recommended On and Offline Retailers To Buy Your Gear. Announce Any Good Deals You May Know Of Here.

Moderator: GCI Admins

Hezekiah
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Re: Irish geocaching shop ?

Post by Hezekiah » Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:18 pm

Sorry for disrupted service, folks - a few unexpected / unwanted health issues mucking up my otherwise idyllic existence at present!
Up is good!!

MunsterFan
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by MunsterFan » Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:42 pm

Hope it's nothing too serious!

japandamo
Great Sugarloaf 501m
Great Sugarloaf 501m

Post by japandamo » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:14 am

Hi guys,

Just wondering, has anyone used geocachingshopireland.com for any bits and pieces they might have needed. I tried getting stuff from the official Geocaching Ireland site back in September and am still waiting. I was never charged for it, but have not received any replies to emails I've sent following it up either. Hezekiah, would this be you? I hope you have recovered from your health issues.

This other crowd seem new, and some of the descriptions suggest that English isn't their first language, which doesn't matter much, or at all really, so long as they're legit!

Thanks a million.

donnacha
Site Admin
Site Admin
Title: King Of The Rain

Irish geocaching shop ?

Post by donnacha » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:18 am

Unfortunately Alan (Hezekiah) died a few months ago. The shop is still being managed however not everything may be available. Geocachingshopireland is legit, it is run by a cacher here in Ireland.

japandamo
Great Sugarloaf 501m
Great Sugarloaf 501m

Post by japandamo » Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:11 pm

Ah, I'm very sorry to hear that. Apologies and commiserations.

Thank you.