March 13th 2017

When I established the forums in 2005 it was to offer a more richer web experience and greater functionality than the platform where we started this social adventure in 2003, Yahoo Groups. The forums were once a busy hive of activity and provided locals and visitors with a wealth of information just like the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook today.

It was a time where we didn't have the many social media platforms we have today, and it was a different time in terms of mobility and technology. There was no instant access to information, no Google Maps and a very limited base map on your GPSr. Mobile connectivity for me was a 9600bps Infrared connection from a Nokia to a laptop and in later times to a PDA using WAP.

As we moved into the social media era so did our forums users. Geocaching Ireland moved there too, and we have a thriving community on the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook. As a result, forum activity isn't what it used to be and I have taken the decision to disable new registrations to the forums and to make the forums read only so any information there can still be accessed.

The discussion hasn't ended, it has just moved. Join us on the Facebook Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group .

Donnacha

Irish geocaching shop ?

Recommended On and Offline Retailers To Buy Your Gear. Announce Any Good Deals You May Know Of Here.

Moderator: GCI Admins

bigstevie1275

Irish geocaching shop ?

Post by bigstevie1275 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:44 am

Are there any geocaching shops in Ireland ?

barraseaclaid

Re: Irish geocaching shop ?

Post by barraseaclaid » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:33 am

oh you bet...a brand spanking new shiny one too...and no delivery charges and a lovely shop keeper and a easy to navigate site....

check out www.geocachingireland.ie

(you know where to send my freebies alan for this unashamed plug!)

Daithi2004
Lugnaquillia 925m
Lugnaquillia 925m

Post by Daithi2004 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:41 pm

Is there an actual shop building for Geocacahing :?: Not just online

The Casual Geocacher

Hezekiah
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by Hezekiah » Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:46 am

Daithi2004 wrote:Is there an actual shop building for Geocacahing :?: Not just online
The number of cachers on the island would hardly support a physical retail outlet!

Hopefully you will be able to view the full range of goods available at events through the year - the shop comes to you, effectively (can't get much closer than that).

If you want to order online and avail of free delivery at the next event (or have goods delivered to an agreed Belfast address), just let me know by contact through the site http://www.geocachingireland.ie
Up is good!!

medic143

Post by medic143 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:08 pm

Daithi2004 wrote:Is there an actual shop building for Geocacahing :?: Not just online
I was in one in Florida when one of the cachers there has turned a room in his air conditioning business into a geocaching shop. Even there with the far higher number of cachers he said it hardly pays it's overheads - only an indulgence of his hobby.

The back of Alan's vehicle is sort of a shop on wheels at most events :mrgreen:

Daithi2004
Lugnaquillia 925m
Lugnaquillia 925m

Post by Daithi2004 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Will he be at Return to Six+ Nations on March 12th?

The Casual Geocacher

Hezekiah
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by Hezekiah » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:56 pm

Drat! I won't be there, but if you place an order online, I'll make sure the order will be there for you to collect!
Up is good!!

barraseaclaid

Post by barraseaclaid » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:49 pm

After a great hassle free transaction last night i can def. vouch for the irish geocaching shop ok no physical building but definetely the staff of the store are great although last night they seemed to be drinking on the job :lol: and you may get short changed...well not so much short but receive change as goods in lieu of cash and the best thing of all there is the we havent got it? well damn well get it policy!

Hezekiah
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by Hezekiah » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:59 pm

Thanks for the (unsolicited) commendation, Barry - your "change" is in the post! :lol:
Up is good!!

thomasvm

Post by thomasvm » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:27 pm

The Geocachingireland.ie online shop is very well made - easy transaction. I will hide the magnetic nanos soon :twisted:

thomasvm

Post by thomasvm » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:05 am

I ordered some items of the Geocachingireland.com shop on the 28th February - have since not heard from anybody if the order was received and processed :?: How long does a response usually take?

Hezekiah
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by Hezekiah » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:51 pm

Usually fairly quickly - but recently the PC has suffered a number of viral attacks (hopefully now recovered).

As it happens, your order was made with the option of free shipping, which assumes collection at the next event - your package will be delivered Thursday 10th March, as I will be in your area on another mission!

Sorry you didn't get a response (presumably to an e-mail) I've checked my inbox and don't see anything there - probably suffered at the hands of the gremlins!

I look forward to looking for more of your caches (at least I'll know what I'm looking for!) :twisted:
Up is good!!

thomasvm

Post by thomasvm » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:00 pm

Thanks - I assumed the free shipping was what it says 8) I will pay double postage for the next order.

JimiVanHalen
Great Sugarloaf 501m
Great Sugarloaf 501m

Post by JimiVanHalen » Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:03 pm

is this website still functional? I have ordered some items on Feb 9th and never heard a thing back.Also sent an email---nada--no response

have registered here in hopes of making contact with owner--thank you

donnacha
Site Admin
Site Admin
Title: King Of The Rain

Post by donnacha » Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:22 pm

The GeocachingIreland shop is not run by myself, but I will try and contact the owner on your behalf. COD may mean dilivery to event rather than via post which may explain why you haven't recieved them yet. I have deleted your other posts, there is no need for multipule posts on the same topic.

donnacha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by donnacha » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:28 pm

I am sorry, but I haven't been able to contact Alan.

JimiVanHalen
Great Sugarloaf 501m
Great Sugarloaf 501m

Post by JimiVanHalen » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:12 am

well if the owner sees this I am still interested in my order and potentially a larger order...thanks

donnacha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by donnacha » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:25 am

I was talking to Alan, he will get in contact with you.

JimiVanHalen
Great Sugarloaf 501m
Great Sugarloaf 501m

Post by JimiVanHalen » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:43 pm

thanks very much-still want my order and able to pay with paypal, credit card, cash in post etc.Delivery to County Donegal

donnacha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by donnacha » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:45 pm

Think he said he was going to be up your way next month and can give it to you personally. Would cost a lot to post an ammo can.