March 13th 2017

When I established the forums in 2005 it was to offer a more richer web experience and greater functionality than the platform where we started this social adventure in 2003, Yahoo Groups. The forums were once a busy hive of activity and provided locals and visitors with a wealth of information just like the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook today.

It was a time where we didn't have the many social media platforms we have today, and it was a different time in terms of mobility and technology. There was no instant access to information, no Google Maps and a very limited base map on your GPSr. Mobile connectivity for me was a 9600bps Infrared connection from a Nokia to a laptop and in later times to a PDA using WAP.

As we moved into the social media era so did our forums users. Geocaching Ireland moved there too, and we have a thriving community on the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook. As a result, forum activity isn't what it used to be and I have taken the decision to disable new registrations to the forums and to make the forums read only so any information there can still be accessed.

The discussion hasn't ended, it has just moved. Join us on the Facebook Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group .

Donnacha

Camo Tape

Recommended On and Offline Retailers To Buy Your Gear. Announce Any Good Deals You May Know Of Here.

Moderator: GCI Admins

Jumpin Jiminie

Camo Tape

Post by Jumpin Jiminie » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:47 pm

Hi all,

Any of you know where I can pick up some camo tape in Dublin? (City Centre preferably)

Cheers!

Jamie

dino

Re: Camo Tape

Post by dino » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:45 pm

Hezekiah?
Some gal would giggle and I'd get red
And some guy'd laugh and I'd bust his head,
I tell ya, life ain't easy for a boy named "Sue."

Hezekiah
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by Hezekiah » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:24 pm

dino wrote:Hezekiah?
That's me! :lol:

Can do - 086 8592969
Up is good!!

johnrm

Post by johnrm » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:49 pm

Alan, if you don't have a website yet, you should put together a stock list and post it in 'Recommended Retailers'. You can then update the original post to reflect what you do or don't have.

I'm not sure that a shady character like you should be in there, but thats for another day! :wink:

Jumpin Jiminie

Post by Jumpin Jiminie » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:42 pm

Excellent, cheers folks!

Alan, I will hopefully give you a buzz tomorrow. What's the damage for a roll anyway?

Jamie

niallk1234

Post by niallk1234 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:44 pm

I'm in the market for a few supplies as well! If you're going to the 10-10-10 photo hunt you could bring a few of your products as I for one would be interested.

Hezekiah
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by Hezekiah » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:46 pm

I'll have the full range of goodies at the 10-10-10 event :D
Up is good!!

niallk1234

Post by niallk1234 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:50 pm

Good stuff! :D

Blue Jay