March 13th 2017

When I established the forums in 2005 it was to offer a more richer web experience and greater functionality than the platform where we started this social adventure in 2003, Yahoo Groups. The forums were once a busy hive of activity and provided locals and visitors with a wealth of information just like the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook today.

It was a time where we didn't have the many social media platforms we have today, and it was a different time in terms of mobility and technology. There was no instant access to information, no Google Maps and a very limited base map on your GPSr. Mobile connectivity for me was a 9600bps Infrared connection from a Nokia to a laptop and in later times to a PDA using WAP.

As we moved into the social media era so did our forums users. Geocaching Ireland moved there too, and we have a thriving community on the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook. As a result, forum activity isn't what it used to be and I have taken the decision to disable new registrations to the forums and to make the forums read only so any information there can still be accessed.

The discussion hasn't ended, it has just moved. Join us on the Facebook Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group .

Donnacha

Welcome

Feel free to join up and introduce yourself to the Irish Geocaching community. Don't be shy now...

Moderator: GCI Admins

dino

Re: Welcome

Post by dino » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:32 pm

Welcome Jen :mrgreen:
Some gal would giggle and I'd get red
And some guy'd laugh and I'd bust his head,
I tell ya, life ain't easy for a boy named "Sue."

Donmoore
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Donmoore » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:14 pm

welcome to the asylum :shock:

johnrm
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by johnrm » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:35 pm

Welcome on board!

wildfowler
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by wildfowler » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:53 pm

Hello and welcome! Hope you have fun! :mrgreen:
"Wait a minute, Doc. Ah... Are you telling me that you built a time machine... out of a DeLorean?"
ImageImage

Frezeluberz
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by Frezeluberz » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:47 am

Hi Jen

Zoe andDaddy

Post by Zoe andDaddy » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:47 pm

Hi and welcome

Blue Jay
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by Blue Jay » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:19 pm

Welcome Jen. Enjoy :hi

"Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative" - Oscar Wilde

NaDoohans

Post by NaDoohans » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:49 am

Welcome in :D

miah505

Post by miah505 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:37 am

Hi EV1, I heard about geo-caching a couple of years back and registered on-line but never went out looking. Was taken out earlier this year by my cousin and I am now firmly hooked.
I'm working hard on my hubby so I have help on my searches. Wish me luck!!!
A Donegal Newby :)

Donmoore

Post by Donmoore » Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:04 pm

miah505 wrote:Hi EV1, I heard about geo-caching a couple of years back and registered on-line but never went out looking. Was taken out earlier this year by my cousin and I am now firmly hooked.
I'm working hard on my hubby so I have help on my searches. Wish me luck!!!
A Donegal Newby :)

Good luck and welcome to the forum any questions I'm sure if you ask it wont take too long to get an answer!

Zoe andDaddy

Post by Zoe andDaddy » Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:40 pm

Welcome

dino

Post by dino » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:54 am

Welcome to the forum....good to have yet another Donegal cacher....definitely catching on up here 8)

LordSoth

Post by LordSoth » Tue Jul 27, 2010 7:52 pm

Howdy All!
Have just posted my intro on a separate thread but thought I'd say hi here too!
John 8)

Hezekiah
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by Hezekiah » Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:17 pm

Welcome! :D
Up is good!!

TeamHousty

Post by TeamHousty » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:12 am

welcome

miah505

Post by miah505 » Sun Aug 01, 2010 10:44 pm

Welcome :D

niallk1234

Post by niallk1234 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:44 pm

So this is the madhouse... Glad to be part of it! :D

Donmoore

Post by Donmoore » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:51 pm

niallk1234 wrote:So this is the madhouse... Glad to be part of it! :D

This is only the door to the madhouse!!! so come on on in!

Spark_ie
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by Spark_ie » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:42 am

dino wrote:Welcome to the forum....good to have yet another Donegal cacher....definitely catching on up here 8)
What's happening up there in Donegal???! So many new members lately :)

dino

Post by dino » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:43 pm

Must be the quality of caches placed by the longest serving active cacher....whoever that is? :-