March 13th 2017

When I established the forums in 2005 it was to offer a more richer web experience and greater functionality than the platform where we started this social adventure in 2003, Yahoo Groups. The forums were once a busy hive of activity and provided locals and visitors with a wealth of information just like the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook today.

It was a time where we didn't have the many social media platforms we have today, and it was a different time in terms of mobility and technology. There was no instant access to information, no Google Maps and a very limited base map on your GPSr. Mobile connectivity for me was a 9600bps Infrared connection from a Nokia to a laptop and in later times to a PDA using WAP.

As we moved into the social media era so did our forums users. Geocaching Ireland moved there too, and we have a thriving community on the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook. As a result, forum activity isn't what it used to be and I have taken the decision to disable new registrations to the forums and to make the forums read only so any information there can still be accessed.

The discussion hasn't ended, it has just moved. Join us on the Facebook Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group .

Donnacha

GSAK wrecking my head

Got a problem you can't solve? If it's your PC, GPS or iPOD, post it here and we'll help out if we can

Moderator: GCI Admins

fitzet
Lugnaquillia 925m
Lugnaquillia 925m

GSAK wrecking my head

Post by fitzet » Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:11 pm

I have a GARMIN Oregon 450 GPSr, a Win7 PC and GSAK 7.7.4.36 installed. I have run a PQ for all caches within 20km of my home location. I have loaded these into a new GSAK database and they number 393. I have 307 already on the Oregon, some of which will overlap with the 393 returned by the PQ. The capacity of the Oregon is 2000.

When I use the 'GPS > Send Waypoints' option, it looks as if all waypoints in the database have been sent. When I look on the GPSr, there has been no update, i.e. number of GPX files on device has not changed.

Evidently I am doing something wrong, but, at this stage, can't see for looking :oops:.

Any suggestions ? I was having the same problem on the latest version of GSAK. My GPSr is defined to GSAK.

GoldCircle
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Re: GSAK wrecking my head

Post by GoldCircle » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:15 pm

My first thought is to manually delete the old .gpx file from the unit before running the send routine.
Image Image

fitzet
Lugnaquillia 925m
Lugnaquillia 925m

Post by fitzet » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:19 pm

Thanks
The existing GPX files on the GPSr are individual, i.e. one per cache. Did you mean one individual GPX file, or all GPX files ?

GoldCircle
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by GoldCircle » Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:21 pm

On the GSAK export screen, there's box where you can name the new .gpx file - try giving it an unusual name, or a date related name, so you can see if it actually uploads.

If it does, then the issue is with your unit, rather than GSAK, most likely.

Some of the unit experts may weight in - Niall seems to know a great deal...
Image Image

dino

Post by dino » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:37 am

Me? Don't have an Oregon and don't have that problem with my ancient 76CSx so no use unfortunately :(

If you are on FB try the Geocaching UK or Emerald Isle groups. You will probably find more Oregon users there. Shout if you need the links.
Some gal would giggle and I'd get red
And some guy'd laugh and I'd bust his head,
I tell ya, life ain't easy for a boy named "Sue."

fitzet
Lugnaquillia 925m
Lugnaquillia 925m

Post by fitzet » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:52 pm

GoldCircle wrote:On the GSAK export screen, there's box where you can name the new .gpx file - try giving it an unusual name, or a date related name, so you can see if it actually uploads.
Thanks
The 'problem' was with my expectations. I thought each cache listing would be an individual file on the GPSr. Once I twigged that it is just one file, 'problem' solved :oops:.

GoldCircle
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by GoldCircle » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:53 pm

LOL =D>

Problem solved, so! :mrgreen:
Image Image