March 13th 2017

When I established the forums in 2005 it was to offer a more richer web experience and greater functionality than the platform where we started this social adventure in 2003, Yahoo Groups. The forums were once a busy hive of activity and provided locals and visitors with a wealth of information just like the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook today.

It was a time where we didn't have the many social media platforms we have today, and it was a different time in terms of mobility and technology. There was no instant access to information, no Google Maps and a very limited base map on your GPSr. Mobile connectivity for me was a 9600bps Infrared connection from a Nokia to a laptop and in later times to a PDA using WAP.

As we moved into the social media era so did our forums users. Geocaching Ireland moved there too, and we have a thriving community on the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook. As a result, forum activity isn't what it used to be and I have taken the decision to disable new registrations to the forums and to make the forums read only so any information there can still be accessed.

The discussion hasn't ended, it has just moved. Join us on the Facebook Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group .

Donnacha

Nuvi 1370 crashing

Got a problem you can't solve? If it's your PC, GPS or iPOD, post it here and we'll help out if we can

Moderator: GCI Admins

Blue Jay
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Nuvi 1370 crashing

Post by Blue Jay » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:36 pm

I've been having problems loading POi's etc onto my nuvi since I changed computers. Found a link to a new Macro (garmin-nuvi-exportgpx.gsk) on here last week and loaded it up & away we went. Gave great breakdowns etc.
Worked fine for the first 10 or so caches but since that it keeps crashing as soon as I select a cache. Works fine if I click on an unavailable cache or other settings, just crashes if I pick a cache from the list to go to. I've tried clearing everything & reloading etc - just the same.

Removing all & using macro: NuviExport.gsk - works (well mostly - few quirks)

Any ideas? (not toooooo techinical please)

"Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative" - Oscar Wilde

Fjon
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Re: Nuvi 1370 crashing

Post by Fjon » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:54 pm

Don't know if I can help much, but have you tried this macro?

http://geocaching.totaltechworld.com/

It might be the same one you already have (created by Pilot Snipes), but it works ok for me.

Blue Jay
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Re: Nuvi 1370 crashing

Post by Blue Jay » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:42 pm

Thanks Fjon - I used to use that one but lost the macro when I changed over computers - I'll reinstall it instead of the dodgy one I have. :D

"Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative" - Oscar Wilde