March 13th 2017

When I established the forums in 2005 it was to offer a more richer web experience and greater functionality than the platform where we started this social adventure in 2003, Yahoo Groups. The forums were once a busy hive of activity and provided locals and visitors with a wealth of information just like the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook today.

It was a time where we didn't have the many social media platforms we have today, and it was a different time in terms of mobility and technology. There was no instant access to information, no Google Maps and a very limited base map on your GPSr. Mobile connectivity for me was a 9600bps Infrared connection from a Nokia to a laptop and in later times to a PDA using WAP.

As we moved into the social media era so did our forums users. Geocaching Ireland moved there too, and we have a thriving community on the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook. As a result, forum activity isn't what it used to be and I have taken the decision to disable new registrations to the forums and to make the forums read only so any information there can still be accessed.

The discussion hasn't ended, it has just moved. Join us on the Facebook Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group .

Donnacha

re: New Caches in Ulster Search Box Query

Got a problem you can't solve? If it's your PC, GPS or iPOD, post it here and we'll help out if we can

Moderator: GCI Admins

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
LordSoth
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

re: New Caches in Ulster Search Box Query

Post by LordSoth » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:32 pm

Howdy Folks!

At Wednesday evening's Milkshake I happened to notice, when visiting 'Batsgonemad & His Squirrel' last weekend, that Tim had a link on his profile page that 'I think' was entitled "New Caches in Ulster". I did not recollect seeing this on my profile & although Tim valiantly tried to help me get the same link on my profile - via SMS - we didn't have any luck in re-creating it.

Some of the cachers at the Milkshake on Wednesday said they had it & some said that they didn't.

Here is what I currently have:

Does anyone know how I get the link to "New Caches in Ulster" in this window?

MTIA

John 8)

dino

Re: re: New Caches in Ulster Search Box Query

Post by dino » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:25 pm

Took me a while to work this out but it depends on what you have in for your address.

Go to this page: http://www.geocaching.com/account/default.aspx

Under "Your Profile" there is a section for Address. Click on "edit" in the top right corner of this box.

Under "Mailing Address" select country and Ireland from the drop-down list.

If you wish you can leave this as Ireland and the link on your profile will show the "Newest in Ireland". However, you can select Ulster under "State/Province" and the link will show "Newest in Ulster".

If you need screenshots just shout 8)
Some gal would giggle and I'd get red
And some guy'd laugh and I'd bust his head,
I tell ya, life ain't easy for a boy named "Sue."

LordSoth
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by LordSoth » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:39 pm

Niall,

FANTASTIC!!!!!!

Excellent mate, truly excellent!

Thank you so much!

John 8)

dino

Post by dino » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:29 am

:mrgreen:
Some gal would giggle and I'd get red
And some guy'd laugh and I'd bust his head,
I tell ya, life ain't easy for a boy named "Sue."

CluelessTwo
Lugnaquillia 925m
Lugnaquillia 925m

Post by CluelessTwo » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:55 pm

Hi. Not been around the forum for a while... I've noticed recently this option has disappeared from my p profile page. Has anyone else noticed this, and it's there a way to get it back again. ??

Doug.G
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by Doug.G » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:39 pm

This URL will take you to the "old" search screen:
https://www.geocaching.com/seek/default.aspx

GoldCircle
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by GoldCircle » Mon Apr 13, 2015 8:26 am

Image Image