March 13th 2017

When I established the forums in 2005 it was to offer a more richer web experience and greater functionality than the platform where we started this social adventure in 2003, Yahoo Groups. The forums were once a busy hive of activity and provided locals and visitors with a wealth of information just like the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook today.

It was a time where we didn't have the many social media platforms we have today, and it was a different time in terms of mobility and technology. There was no instant access to information, no Google Maps and a very limited base map on your GPSr. Mobile connectivity for me was a 9600bps Infrared connection from a Nokia to a laptop and in later times to a PDA using WAP.

As we moved into the social media era so did our forums users. Geocaching Ireland moved there too, and we have a thriving community on the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook. As a result, forum activity isn't what it used to be and I have taken the decision to disable new registrations to the forums and to make the forums read only so any information there can still be accessed.

The discussion hasn't ended, it has just moved. Join us on the Facebook Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group .

Donnacha

Merry Christmas

Talk about anything

Moderator: GCI Admins

TeamHousty
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Merry Christmas

Post by TeamHousty » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:12 am

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to one and all from all at TeamHousty.

Look forward to cachin you all in 2010 \:D/ \:D/

dogwhisperers
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Merry Christmas

Post by dogwhisperers » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:28 am

Thank you, Happy Christmas from dogwhisperers to you all :D
Last edited by dogwhisperers on Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

johnrm

Post by johnrm » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:38 am

...and from our crew too, have a very pleasant break!
Christmas started a day early for our kids as the ice made it too dangerous to travel to school!
John

Donmoore

Post by Donmoore » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:54 pm

Ho Ho HO! have yourselves a merry little Christmas!

CluelessTwo
Lugnaquillia 925m
Lugnaquillia 925m

Post by CluelessTwo » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:50 pm

have a great Christmas from both of us to all you lot. Dont go too crazy.

Kili or bust

Post by Kili or bust » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:57 pm

And from the KOBs!! :D

bawnman

Post by bawnman » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:37 pm

Happy Christmas all from bawnman.

dino

Post by dino » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:55 am

Happy Christmas all from cold and snowy Donegal.

:mrgreen:
Some gal would giggle and I'd get red
And some guy'd laugh and I'd bust his head,
I tell ya, life ain't easy for a boy named "Sue."

golaman
Lugnaquillia 925m
Lugnaquillia 925m

Post by golaman » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:37 am

Happy Christmas to everyone from a very cold and frosty Fermanagh.

spy caleb
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by spy caleb » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:35 pm

Happy Christmas from Sligo. Lots of snow on Benbulbin. Very picturesque.

Spark_ie
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by Spark_ie » Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:08 am

Merry Christmas from a Crisp Cork City ! :)

Lots of new caches down here to entise you guys and girls down... !!!!! :D :D :D

Bootle

Post by Bootle » Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:01 am

Happy Christmas from a chilly Dublin 5! Have a good one folks!
hello...

Zoe andDaddy

Post by Zoe andDaddy » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:06 am

Hope you all had a merry Christmas from me and Zoe here in Blanchardstown.

NaDoohans

Post by NaDoohans » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:43 pm

Hope ye all had a great christmas :lol: forgot to tell you to look out for a programme made by 4 young girls (my daughter amongst them) from Tory which was shown on RTE2 on Christmas day at 12.30, it was called On the block, did anyone catch it?? Hopefully it will be repeated and I'll warn ye all in advance :D

spy caleb
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by spy caleb » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:04 am

Hi Noelle
I checked out RTE 2 and see there were 4 areas in total involved including Tory.
Were there 4 programmes made or are they all in one?
I see that "on the block" is on again this morning and over the next couple of days.

golaman
Lugnaquillia 925m
Lugnaquillia 925m

Post by golaman » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:43 am

Yes I saw it. I came on it as I was flicking around. I missed the start and so will look out for it again.

NaDoohans

Post by NaDoohans » Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:24 pm

Sorry should have explained better. There are 4 different programmes, the Tory one was on Christmas day. The Buckingham Street one was today, the Dromahane, Co. Cork one is tomorrow rte2 at 11am and Adamstown tuesday 11am rte2, the first one made about 3 years ago in Fatamia Mansions in dub is being reshown on New years day, not sure of time. Hopefully they will all be reshown sometime soon too.

johnrm

Post by johnrm » Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:47 pm

Isn't a bit silly of RTE not to have the program available on the RTE Player?
I'm always being told about programs that I missed, and theres no easy way of catching them again.
Its a pity RTE couldn't put some more of the licence fee into providing a better service instead of paying ludicrous salaries to an 'elite' handful.
(Not intended to be a political statement!)

Spark_ie
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by Spark_ie » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:18 pm

Anyone see the 'Summer of 69' show last night on RTE??

About a photographer from National Geographic, who came to IReland 40 years ago, and tooks tonnes of pictures.... He came back 40 years later to meet the people he pictured, and see what has changed... Great Show - And it's on the RTE PLayer :D

NaDoohans

Post by NaDoohans » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:50 pm

Yes, that was a great programme :D