March 13th 2017

When I established the forums in 2005 it was to offer a more richer web experience and greater functionality than the platform where we started this social adventure in 2003, Yahoo Groups. The forums were once a busy hive of activity and provided locals and visitors with a wealth of information just like the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook today.

It was a time where we didn't have the many social media platforms we have today, and it was a different time in terms of mobility and technology. There was no instant access to information, no Google Maps and a very limited base map on your GPSr. Mobile connectivity for me was a 9600bps Infrared connection from a Nokia to a laptop and in later times to a PDA using WAP.

As we moved into the social media era so did our forums users. Geocaching Ireland moved there too, and we have a thriving community on the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook. As a result, forum activity isn't what it used to be and I have taken the decision to disable new registrations to the forums and to make the forums read only so any information there can still be accessed.

The discussion hasn't ended, it has just moved. Join us on the Facebook Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group .

Donnacha

Just on quickly to remove an avatar

Talk about anything

Moderator: GCI Admins

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
CluelessTwo
Lugnaquillia 925m
Lugnaquillia 925m

Just on quickly to remove an avatar

Post by CluelessTwo » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:18 pm

Hi All

Just on to remove an avatar that I have been told off for using as it apparently is the same as one someone else has. I would beg to differ as mine goes through 8 emotions compared to this persons avatar having only 2. But Im not one to want to be an annoyance to anyone.

So if anyone else has anything that they would like me to do and that is annoying to them (as they have told me there is) then by all means let me know so I can rectify this.

But can I just say sorry to all first as I didnt realise I was stepping on anyones toes.

Claire xx

donnacha
Site Admin
Site Admin
Title: King Of The Rain

Re: Just on quickly to remove an avatar

Post by donnacha » Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:42 pm

Claire, as far as I am concerned you can use whatever avatar you like here as long as the avatar wasn't designed or created by the person in question. All those smiley emotions look the same anyway and if yours has extra emotions I can't see what the problem is.

I don't want a flame war to start but if the person in question wants to speak up feel free as long as it stays civil.

Donmoore
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Donmoore » Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:56 pm

#-o
Last edited by Donmoore on Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

CluelessTwo
Lugnaquillia 925m
Lugnaquillia 925m

Post by CluelessTwo » Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:30 am

Actually no Donny

All I want is a quiet life. You informed me I annoyed you and so I did what I could to rectify that situation. I also was informed by you that I annoyed someone else so I posted this here to let them know that I am happy for them to come to me privately and speak to me about whatever it is I have annoyed someone about.

I am sensitive yes, But I do listen to what other people say to me and take it on board. I rarely throw my toys out of the pram about anything and would rather know if I have annoyed anyone so that I would rectify that situation too. I know you had said about my post in the ask the reviewer section but since this actually was asked in utter ignorance. I didnt know the guidelines but had read something on the Americal Forum, plus I didnt know that there was only one event of that type in Ireland and if I had I wouldnt of posted that publically.

As I said. I just want to get things cleared up. I dont want any quarrels with anyone. I have enough crap to deal with without quarrels.

Claire

Donmoore
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Donmoore » Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:16 am

so that no one else feels drawn into this I did not say to Claire that anyone was annoyed i did say i was sent a message regarding the avatar which brought my attention to it.

I wont be drawn anymore on this subject via this forum has nothing to do with it.

probably best to have it locked

spy caleb
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by spy caleb » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:46 am

Donmoore wrote:so that no one else feels drawn into this I did not say to Claire that anyone was annoyed i did say i was sent a message regarding the avatar which brought my attention to it.

I wont be drawn anymore on this subject via this forum has nothing to do with it.

probably best to have it locked
This would probalby be best discussed in PM's :-k