March 13th 2017

When I established the forums in 2005 it was to offer a more richer web experience and greater functionality than the platform where we started this social adventure in 2003, Yahoo Groups. The forums were once a busy hive of activity and provided locals and visitors with a wealth of information just like the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook today.

It was a time where we didn't have the many social media platforms we have today, and it was a different time in terms of mobility and technology. There was no instant access to information, no Google Maps and a very limited base map on your GPSr. Mobile connectivity for me was a 9600bps Infrared connection from a Nokia to a laptop and in later times to a PDA using WAP.

As we moved into the social media era so did our forums users. Geocaching Ireland moved there too, and we have a thriving community on the Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group on Facebook. As a result, forum activity isn't what it used to be and I have taken the decision to disable new registrations to the forums and to make the forums read only so any information there can still be accessed.

The discussion hasn't ended, it has just moved. Join us on the Facebook Geocaching Ireland Discussion Group .

Donnacha

Riddle

Talk about anything

Moderator: GCI Admins

rosmcc
Slieve Bearnagh North 680m
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Riddle

Post by rosmcc » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:12 pm

Hezekiah has written a whole paragraph without using the letter "e" - am I right????

dino

Post by dino » Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:15 pm

Hezekiah wrote:This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious as to just how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so ordinary and plain that you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing is wrong with it. It is highly unusual though. Study it and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out. Try to do so without any coaching!
No 'e'
Some gal would giggle and I'd get red
And some guy'd laugh and I'd bust his head,
I tell ya, life ain't easy for a boy named "Sue."

Hezekiah
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Hezekiah » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:34 pm

A woman shoots her husband. Then she holds him under water for over 5 minutes. Finally, she hangs him. But 5 minutes later they both go out together and enjoy a wonderful dinner together. How can this be?
Up is good!!

rosmcc

Post by rosmcc » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:41 pm

She "shoots" a photo of him, then proceeds to develop the photo???

Hezekiah
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by Hezekiah » Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:51 pm

Yup!
Up is good!!

rosmcc

Post by rosmcc » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:42 pm

When I am filled I can point the way.
When I am empty nothing moves me.
I have two skins, one without and one within.
What am I?

Hezekiah
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by Hezekiah » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:45 pm

Windsock?
Up is good!!

rosmcc

Post by rosmcc » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:12 pm

Like it - but try again.

wildfowler
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by wildfowler » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:45 pm

A glove?
"Wait a minute, Doc. Ah... Are you telling me that you built a time machine... out of a DeLorean?"
ImageImage

rosmcc

Post by rosmcc » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:39 am

Yes - you got it.

dogwhisperers

Post by dogwhisperers » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:28 pm

I go in water black, I come out red, I go in alive and I come out dead. What am I?

Hezekiah
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by Hezekiah » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:14 pm

Lobster?
Up is good!!

dogwhisperers

Post by dogwhisperers » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:15 am

yes!! =D>

It's been around for millions of years, but it's never more than a month old.

what is it?

jrm-irl

Post by jrm-irl » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:32 am

The moon?

dogwhisperers

Post by dogwhisperers » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:58 pm

very good

What is it that you put on the table, cut up, pass around but never eat?

TeamHousty

Post by TeamHousty » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:38 pm

playing cards???

Something very extraordinary happened on the 6th of May, 1978 at 34 minutes past 12 am . What was it?

Frezeluberz
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by Frezeluberz » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:57 pm

5th June?

12:34 05/06/78 [American format?]

dogwhisperers

Post by dogwhisperers » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:01 am

A black dog stands in the middle of a black road in a town painted black. None of the street lights are working due to a power failure caused by a storm. A car with two broken headlights drives towards the dog but turns in time to avoid hitting him. How could the driver have seen the dog in time?

Hezekiah
Carrauntoohil 1039m
Carrauntoohil 1039m

Post by Hezekiah » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:41 am

In broad daylight how could he miss him?? :twisted: :twisted:
Up is good!!

dogwhisperers

Post by dogwhisperers » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:57 am

yes :)

what goes all the way around the wood, but never actually goes in the wood?